#2020in2020 Charity Challenge
CCCBC will be walking/running/cycling/erging the distance from Corpus to Figueira da Foz, Portugal - where our annual training camp is held - in the space of a week.
🏃♀️🚵♂️🚣♀️ That’s a 2020km collective effort from *Saturday June 6th to Friday June 12th*. 🏃♀️🚵♂️🚣♀️
Track our progress and get involved here: https://www.challengehound.com/challenge/9b28ed30-a424-11ea-aca4-13be91eb842b
We are raising money for Wintercomfort who are a local charity that provide essential support and services for the homeless in Cambridge. They have put out an Emergency COVID-19 Appeal in order to receive the funding they need to adapt and continue their work during the pandemic.
Since the closure of their usual activities on 25th March, they have supported 292 individual people. The current adapted service consists of:
- An email, text and telephone support service to rough sleepers and vulnerably housed individuals
- Telephone counselling service for those with substance misuse issues
- Emergency food vouchers for those who need them
- Providing mindfulness pack to provide support
- Offering a laundry service
- Preparing packs of dried food and essential toiletries for distribution
- Preparing hot fresh food for distribution
- Ensuring all rough sleepers are verified by the appropriate services to make sure no-one goes without an offer of temporary accommodation during COVID-19 pandemic
Every donation is appreciated - it will encourage CCCBC to reach our distance goal and support the essential work of Wintercomfort.
Our JustGiving page is here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/corpus-christi-college-boat-club
The Wintercomfort COVID-19 appeal is here: https://wintercomfort.org.uk/emergencyappeal
Updates will be posted on our Instagram page (@cccbc1828) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/corpusboatclub/).